Monday 16 March 2009

Thursday 12th March 2009 (What We Did!)

Today was a big editing day for me; I needed to freeze the scene where Arnie gets hit by Hannah so we could introduce her to the audience via Edwardo's voice over. After about 10 minutes of trying and failing, I got some help from Rob the Computer Man, once he had done it for me and I had got the voice over in place the group watched it backed and we thought it was better then just having Hannah walk into the shot and having the audience think "who is that?"

.

Whilst I was doing that Sarah found the music we needed from www.freeplaymusic.com she got two pieces of music. The first was a rock/popy song that will be used when Edwardo gets hit by the snowball and carries on into the main titles, its used to show the comedy nature of the film.

The second was a very dramatic song that will be used when Mrs Biggs walks round the corner of the corridor and sees what’s happening, it is then cut off and we see Arnie on the floor trying to be pulled up by one of his gang members, as the scenes cut the music comes back as Mrs Biggs shouts at Hannah. She gave the tracks to me and I put them in the right place of our film and they made our film sound/look incredibly funny.

.

After that was done I started on the titles. I chose a font that was colourful and looked funny/ childish, I used a different colour on every title I wrote, I used red on "The Bully" title because that's how Edwardo sees him as an angry person. There was a problem with the timing of the titles I wanted them on for long enough so the audience could read them but not on for so long that it annoyed the audience, so I decided on two seconds. The titles arrive on the screen by flying in from the sides, and some so funny movements on the screen, the titles start after the main titles have appeared because the comic font we used would have looked out of place at the start of the film which has a depressed mood to it so I decided that we should keep the funny to after the snowball hit because that is the first time the audience get a clue that the film genre is comedy. After I had finished the titles I and the rest of the group watched it back and we all felt happy because our film was completed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment